WHO WE ARE:
Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Founded in 1974 in Manhattan’s Chinatown to advocate for equal rights, AAFE has transformed in the past four decades to become one of the city’s leading housing, social service and community development organizations. AAFE advances racial, social and economic justice for Asian Americans and other systematically disadvantaged communities, guided by our experiences as Asian Americans and our commitment to civil rights. AAFE is nationally recognized as an innovative affordable housing developer and property manager; we have created and preserved more than 1,000 affordable rental units in Manhattan and Queens and provided over $400 million in mortgage financing for first-time homebuyers. AAFE also supports economic empowerment through two affiliates: a small business CDFI, Renaissance EDC (REDC), that provides financial and technical assistance to low-income, immigrant entrepreneurs; and a homeownership CDFI, Community Development Fund (CDF), that provides counseling and financial assistance to first-time and existing homeowners. From neighborhood offices in Chinatown and the Lower East Side (Manhattan) and Flushing and Jackson Heights (Queens) we provide an array of multilingual counseling and educational programs in support of low-income tenants, seniors and immigrant youth.
AAFE employees create value by sharing common core competencies. AAFE employees are fearless, innovative leaders who think strategically; promote inclusivity and teambuilding while maintaining a strong commitment to respect and integrity.
We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve, deserve our very best every day. We are a results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. This philosophy expands to the way we manage our work and the way we put our best foot forward. All employees are expected to meet the following expectations:
• Attendance and punctuality; includes being on-time for work, being on-time for scheduled meetings and planning for scheduled time-off in advance with supervisor approval.
• Overtime; obtain approval from supervisor prior to working overtime or comp time.
• Provide quality customer service to both internal and external partners and co-workers. This includes responding to emails within 24 hours, answering the phone by the 3rd ring when possible and giving a deadline and meeting the given deadline for responding to inquiries.
• Dress appropriately for the workplace and in accordance with our dress-code policy.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Communicate respectfully and treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
• Support efforts that ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Collaborate productively with co-workers offering solutions and accepting diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Understand and embrace the value in collaborating with people of different cultures, races, genders, ethnicities, beliefs, experiences and ideas.
• Enjoy your time at work! .