Fiscal AAFE, Inc, manages the finance and accounting support for social services, Hardesty and corporate activities.
The Junior Accountant is the staff member responsible for maintaining books and records of General Ledger, Account Payable and Account Receivable of the managed properties under the supervision of Accounting Manager.
• Resource and Fiscal capabilities management - The non-property management portfolio (e.g., AAFE, REDC, CDF) assigned to the Junior Accountant subordinated to that of the Senior Accountant.
o Contributor to the assessment, design and implementation of enhancement to the Fiscal processes and controls.
o Provide insight and actively attend discussions and initiatives regarding processes, controls, reporting and analysis.
o Accept guidance from senior level fiscal and other AAFE leaders.
• Data gathering and validation
o Providing data quality improvement suggestions and managing data initiatives directly or through the guidance of other Fiscal or cross functional areas.
o Assist other Fiscal AAFE personnel in expediting the timely flow of information as required.
• System controls -MIP GL
o Maintain and update chart of accounts, system access rights, system integrity and other system requirements (Online banking, ProfitStars, etc.) at the direction of Senior Accountants or the corporate controller.
o Seek guidance to Junior Accountant on system integrity and consistent maintenance across all real estate portfolios.
• Process Controls
o System maintenance -Timely processing of change requests (new, change, terminated GL Accounts and mappings).
o Monthly / Quarterly / Annual closing process - Prepare preliminary analysis for journal entries, supporting documentation and justification for the entries to MIP for the Manager Accountant or above review and approval.
o Account reconciliations - Preparing account balances and activities reconciliations (e.g., cash accounts, receivables, payables, fixed assets, prepaids) for AAFE, REDC & CDF and then submit the reconciliations for Manager Accountant or above review and approval.
o Create Centers of Excellence – Develop expertise for a fiscal function (e.g., Expense management, cash disbursements, account payable).
• Reporting and Analysis
o Annual financial statement independent auditor review - Prepare preliminary analysis for journal entries, supporting documentation and justification for the entries to MIP for the Manager Accountant or above review and approval related to the annual financial close; and assist with the year-end financial statement preparation and supporting schedules and analysis in support for the independent auditors.
o AAFE management reporting
> Prepare preliminary monthly/ quarterly/ annual financial and non-financial reports and analysis (e.g., rent billing and Operating Expense/Tax/Utility true up) for Manager Accountant or above review and approval.
> Contribute to the preparation of the REDC & CDF annual operating budget.
> Support the onsite segment leaders, Co-EDs, CFO and other site personnel in all aspects of financial reporting.
> Monitor AAFE receivables to ensure amounts due are paid on a timely basis.
> Maintain the integrity of the accounting system and to facilitate their financial reporting requirements.
> Assist the team with the various reporting (e.g., tax returns, financial statements) to Regulatory Agencies and for Manager Accountant or above review and approval.
> Perform ad hoc requests that arise from time to time - mostly from Fiscal, Co-ED or segment leaders.
AAFE employees create value by sharing common core competencies. AAFE employees are fearless, innovative leaders who think strategically; promote inclusivity and teambuilding while maintaining a strong commitment to respect and integrity.
• Thorough experience and knowledge of non-for-profit and for-profit tax and insurance activities,
rules and regulations.
• A strong background with preparing monthly and quarterly grant reimbursement.
• Experience working with all aspects of Accounts Payable/Receivable.
• Experience with reviewing Financial Statements.
• 4-10 years of corporate accounting experience.
• Knowledge of accounts payables procedures and principles.
• Understanding of general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized.
• Excellent organization and administration skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail, thoroughness, and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
• Familiarity with MDS preferred.
We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve, deserve our very best every day. We are a results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. This philosophy expands to the way we manage our work and the way we put our best foot forward. All employees are expected to meet the following expectations:
• Attendance and punctuality; includes being on-time for work, being on-time for scheduled meetings and planning for scheduled time-off in advance with supervisor approval.
• Overtime; obtain approval from supervisor prior to working overtime or comp time.
• Provide quality customer service to both internal and external partners and co-workers. This includes responding to emails within 24 hours, answering the phone by the 3rd ring when possible and giving a deadline and meeting the given deadline for responding to inquiries.
• Dress appropriately for the workplace and in accordance with our dress-code policy.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Communicate respectfully and treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
• Support efforts that ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Collaborate productively with co-workers offering solutions and accepting diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Understand and embrace the value in collaborating with people of different cultures, races, genders, ethnicities, beliefs, experiences and ideas.
• Enjoy your time at work!